EMBO is an organisation of more than 1800 leading researchers that promotes excellence in the life sciences in Europe and beyond. The major goals of the organisation are to support talented researchers at all stages of their careers, stimulate the exchange of scientific information, and help build a research environment where scientists can achieve their best work.
EMBO Global Activities
EMBO recognises the importance of interactions within the worldwide scientific community. EMBO Global Activities promote the engagement with researchers in countries or territories covered by formal cooperation agreements. These agreements give life scientists access to EMBO Programmes and thereby catalyse scientific collaboration that connects researchers from the cooperation partners with the research community in Europe.
Cooperation agreement with ANID, Chile
The Agencia Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo (ANID), EMBO and the European Molecular Biology Conference (EMBC) signed a co-operation agreement in 2018 to strengthen scientific interaction and collaborative research between Chile and Europe.
As part of this agreement, the following EMBO activities are open to scientists based in Chile*:
- Group leaders based in Chile can apply to the EMBO Young Investigator Programme or the EMBO Global Investigator Network– next application deadline: 3 June, 2020
- EMBO Fellowships: Applications are invited for Short-Term, Core Facility and Postdoctoral Fellowships – applications open all year round
- Funding to organise EMBO Courses & Workshops in Chile – application deadlines: 1 March and 1 August
- Support for keynote lectures given by EMBO Members at international conferences in Chile – application deadlines: 1 February, 1 June and 1 October
- Support for lectures given by EMBO Young Investigators at international conferences in Chile – applications open all year round
- Support for Global Lecture Seriesby EMBO Members or EMBO Young Investigators at research institutions in Chile – applications open all year round
- Travel stipends and fee waivers for scientists in Chile to attend EMBO Courses & Workshops in Europe