We are pleased to announce the 8th South American Macromolecular Crystallography School 2021 “Structural Biology to enhance high impact research in health and disease” to be held from Sep 20 to Oct 1, 2021
Please find the application form and further information at http://pasteur.uy/novedades/
The application deadline is June 30, 2021. For further inquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
· data collection (remotely @ Diamond synchrotron);
· data processing;
· phasing and structure determination;
· model refinement and validation.
25 participants will be selected, prioritizing advanced PhD students, postdocs and young researchers. No registration fee, please look in the www site for details on application procedures.
Participants will have the opportunity to collect data from their own crystals at Diamond Light Source synchrotron via remote access, with the assistance of Diamond staff.
The workshop will be virtual considering the pandemics constraints. It will combine excellent lectures with hands-on problem-solving sessions. Tutorials of state-of-the-art software will include XDS, Dials, Phaser, ShelX, Coot, Refmac, Buster-TNT, PISA, among others.
Since the workshop is virtual additional participants may elect to attend lectures only. If you wish to do this please complete the registration form and indicate that this is your choice.
Invited speakers and tutors:
• Rafael Junqueira Borges (Instituto de Biociências UNESP, Botucatu, Brazil)
• Kevin Cowtan (University of York, UK)
• Eleanor Dodson (University of York, UK)
• Paul Emsley (Laboratory of Molecular Biology MRC, Cambridge, UK)
• Elspeth Garman (University of Oxford, UK)
• Beatriz Guimarāes (Instituto Carlos Chagas Fiocruz, Curitiba, Brazil)
• Marin van Heel (Lab. Nacional de Nanotecnologia CNPEM, Campinas, Brazil)
• Ronan Keegan (STFC Rutherford Appleton Lab – CCP4, Didcot, UK)
• Eugene Krissinel (STFC Rutherford Appleton Lab – CCP4, Didcot, UK)
• Andrey Lebedev (STFC Rutherford Appleton Lab – CCP4, Didcot, UK)
• Natalia Lisa (Instituto de Biología Molecular y Celular, Rosario, Argentina)
• Joāo Muniz (Instituto de Física de São Carlos, Brazil)
• Garib Murshudov (Laboratory of Molecular Biology MRC, Cambridge, UK)
• James Parkhurst (Diamond Light Source, Didcot, UK)
• Randy Read (University of Cambridge, UK)
• Silvia Russi (Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Lightsource, USA)
• Nukri Sanishvili (Argonne National Laboratory, Chicago, USA)
• Isabel Usón (Instituto de Biología Molecular de Barcelona, Spain)
• Clemens Vonrhein (Global Phasing Ltd, Cambridge, UK)
Nicole Larrieux, Clinical Biochemist. Institut Pasteur de Montevideo, Uruguay
Kyle Stevenson, DPhil. CCP4, STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, United Kingdom
Alejandro Buschiazzo, PhD. Institut Pasteur de Montevideo, Uruguay
This Workshop is supported by the Collaborative Computational Project Nº4 (CCP4, UK) & Science and Technology Facilities Council (UK); the Centro de Biologia Estructural del Mercosur (CeBEM); and the Programa Iberoamericano de Ciencia y Tecnologia para el Desarrollo (CYTED) through de MICROBES consortium.