The New Horizons in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education Conference, hosted by the Weizmann Institute of Science, will take place from 5‐8 September 2017 in Rehovot, prior to the FEBS 2017 Congress organized by the Israel Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ISBMB) in Jerusalem, 10‐14 September 2017.
The programme consists of plenary lectures, mini‐symposia, workshops, and poster sessions, covering significant topics on biochemistry and molecular biology education (e.g. new technologies in education, new methods in education, student engagement, scholarship of learning and teaching, research and career skills, assessment of undergraduate education curriculum). The targeted participants of this education gathering are faculty members, young scientists, researchers, post‐docs and PhD students involved and interested in teaching and learning of biochemistry and molecular biology education.
PABMB offers 1 Travel Fellowship for biochemists, molecular biologists and educators from the PABMB region to participate in this conference. The fellowship partially supports registration, travel costs and accommodation during the conference with the amount up to US$2,000. IUBMB will provide, as matching funds, USD 1,000 for the Fellowship.
Applications for the fellowship are now invited from well qualified graduate students/postdoctoral fellows/early career biochemists, molecular biologists and/or biochemistry/molecular biology educatorsfrom the PABMB region.
- The applicant should be currently:
- Registered as a PhD student or post‐doctoralscientist in an PABMB member country, OR
- Holding a position as researcher/ educator (within 15 years of completion of a PhD) in an PABMB member country;
- The applicant should be a paid-up member of a PABMB member country society / group;
- Only round trip travel from the applicant’s current country of residence to Israel is supported;
- Applicants who have previously received an PABMB Travel Fellowship are not eligible to apply;
- The applicant must be a presenting author of an abstract submitted for the conference (please refer to the conference programme (http://www.weizmann.ac.il/conferences/NHBMB2017/) for symposia and workshop topics);
- This fellowship is contingent upon the successful applicant’s abstract being accepted by the conference organizers, proof of attendance at the meeting and fulfillment of the requirements as stated above.
Applications should include a letter of intent and a current CV in addition to the requirements mentioned above (email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) and must be received by 1 May 2017.
Applicants will be notified by email (within one week) following receipt of the application.
Notification of the decision of the Committee will be sent to each applicant no later than 1 June 2017