On behalf of the Scientific and Organizing Committees, we invite you to join us for the 34th International Symposium on Microscale Separations and Bioanalysis (MSB 2018) to be held at the conference center of the Windsor Barra Hotel (Barra da Tijuca) in Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil, from February 18-21, 2018.
Since its inception in 1989 (Boston, Massachusetts, USA), MSB has evolved into an interactive forum for the discussion of cutting-edge research on the frontiers of separation science, spanning fundamental theory, method development, technology advancements to innovative applications relevant to human health, medicine, food and the environment.
MSB 2018 centers on science and people by creating a confidential ambience that facilitates vigorous exchange between delegates. This edition will feature stimulating pre-conference short-courses, distinguished plenary speakers and a parallel program covering a wide spectrum of current microscale bioseparation techniques.
The symposium format encompasses several significant features:
- A scientific program, where over 70% is based on submitted abstracts;
- A double-blind peer review process ensuring top science regardless reputation and seniority;
- Oral presentations with 1/3 of the time reserved for active discussion;
- Topic sessions introduced and chaired by leading researchers;
- An young-investigator session with rising stars in microscale separations;
- Poster sessions with selected 3-minute talks;
- Science Café lunch seminars by vendors presenting advances in commercial separation technology;
Unique to the MSB 2018 Symposium we plan to have a long afternoon break to enjoy the beach area surrounding the hotel and have sessions till late in the evening.
Abstract submission opens at Sept. 01, 2017 with an early deadline set for Nov. 10, 2017. Registration includes lunches, opening & closing receptions, and a symposium dinner at the iconic “Pão de Açúcar” (Sugar Loaf) scenic venue.
Since the MSB 2018 date is just one week after Carnival in Rio, we invite you to come a day earlier to join us for a pre-symposium social activity: the Champion’s Parade of Rio Samba Schools on Feb. 17, 2018.
It is our sincere wish that your experience at MSB 2018 in Rio de Janeiro be both enjoyable and professionally rewarding.