The deadline is fast approaching to submit an abstract and register at the early rate for the Liposomes, Exosomes, and Virosomes: From Modeling Complex Membrane Processes to Medical Diagnostics and Drug Delivery meeting to be held September 11-16, 2016, in Ascona, Switzerland.
Note: Only the abstracts of those registered by the March 11 deadline will be considered for short talks.
This meeting will cover recent developments for investigating biochemical reactions and networks at, in, and across membranes of artificial and cell membrane-derived vesicles. Themes the meeting will address include:
- imaging membrane proteins and their biochemical reactions by light- and electron-optical and force microscopy at small ensemble and single-molecule levels;
- vesicles in cellular trafficking and processes;
- lipid and protein micro- and nano-domains in membranes;
- transmembrane signaling in cell-derived vesicles;
- modeling in-plane and trans-membrane reactions;
- vesicles as ultra-small containers for (bio-)chemical reactions;
- vesicles as artificial cells and for synthetic and systems biology;
- extracellular vesicles (exosomes) as diagnostic biomarkers;
- viral envelopes (virosomes) and vesicles for targeted drug delivery; and
- membrane networks and tissue engineering.